IOTA Reference Implementation (FullNode) Playbook
Installing and running a full-node made simple!
The iri-playbook uses the software Ansible which is widely used in professional IT environments:
Ansible is used to automate apps and IT infrastructure (Application Deployment + Configuration Management + Continuous Delivery)
A playbook is a set of instructions executed by Ansible.
- The IRI playbook has been released in early December 2017 in an effort to help users have their full-node installed and configured in the simplest way possible.
- It already has more than 1200+ installations to date (based on Github’s unique clone statistics)
- It includes a “Getting Started Quickly” (one command) to get a node fully installed and configured in less than 15 minutes.
- The IRI playbook can be used by anyone: no previous knowledge of Linux is required.
The Wiki and Repository
The iri-playbook installation includes:
- Latest IRI configured and running
- Can install & configure multiple nodes in parallel
- Support for Linux distributions: CentOS and Ubuntu
- IOTA Peer Manager GUI for node’s neighbor management
- IOTA Prometheus Exporter for node’s metrics and Tangle statistics
- Prometheus & Grafana to process metrics and display awesome graphs
- Alertmanager to trigger (email) alerts based on configured rules
- HAProxy reverse proxy for IRI’s API port for security policies and logging
- CarrIOTA Field optional add-on to add the node to the CarrIOTA proxy/field
- Nelson optional add-on to automatically manage node’s neighbors
- Comprehensive Wiki including information about security hardening
- Firewall configuration
The iri-playbook includes some useful utility scripts:
– iric is a menu-driven configuration and management utility for the full-node’s services and maintenance tasks, database downloads, neighbor management and more. It makes maintenance of the node a child’s play.
– nbctl is a script to help manage the node’s neighbors (add/remove/list). It is used by iric under the hood.
– ps_mem a script which offers a nice overview of total memory consumption per process.
- The IRI playbook configures Nginx as web-server to reverse proxy and set password access for several processes (e.g. IOTA Peer Manager, Prometheus etc.)
- It provides automated SSL certificate creation and configuration (self-signed) which can later be changed to user’s supplied SSL certificate(s).
- The project provides a fully-synced IOTA database to help kick-start new nodes.
Did you like the project?
Star the repository: https://github.com/nuriel77/iri-playbook
Or use the following IOTA address to leave a donation: